Ring Size Guide
RING SIZING CHART FOR MEASURING YOUR FINGER SIZE APPROPRIATELY
1. This is a chart that will be extremely helpful for you to determine the ring size that you need. You can either make use of a tape or a small piece of string to measure the area that will be occupied by the ring. When it becomes a complete circle, make a mark on such string. This will be helpful for you to compare with the chart that is mentioned below. For extra width, you can add another size to accommodate.
TIPS FOR PROPER RING MEASUREMENT
- Verify that the printed Ring Sizer Guide matches a ruler.
- After cutting out the ring sizer, pull it tight for an accurate size. You may need someone to help you to hold and read the measurement.
- Measure your finger later in the day, when it is at its largest. Avoid measuring when your fingers are cold.
- If you are using an existing ring and using the circle guides, make sure you measure using the inside diameter.
SIZING A RING FOR SOMEONE ELSE
Buying a ring for someone else? If possible, try and borrow a ring they currently wear for the finger they’ll wear it on and use our Printable Ring Size Chart and measure the inside diameter. Or, you can use a carrot as a substitute for the wearer’s finger. Simply slip the borrowed ring over the carrot, don’t force it, and mark the spot where the ring stops, then wrap the Printable Ring Size Chart around the carrot ‘above’ the marked spot for the approximate ring size.
Resizing can only be done on certain rings. Some rings and bands cannot be resized due to their unique metal composition. For example, bands with very hard metal like titanium cannot be altered and must be cast by the manufacturer. Platinum bands can only be sized a few sizes above or below the original casting size. Eternity bands are normally manufactured only in the standard sizes in order to maintain the ring’s strength and design integrity. Rings with intricate carving or ones with gemstones along the shank cannot be resized without adversely affecting their delicate design.
If the ring you want needs to be resized, Riddle’s Jewelry is happy to adjust the size for you and process your request within 1-3 business days. Please see below for Resizing Costs associated with your resizing.
Riddle’s offers one free resizing with purchase if requested within the first 30 days of purchase. If you’ve purchased our ‘Basic’ Riddle’s Warranty coverage along with your ring, you’ll have 12 months of free resizing. If you purchased our ‘Premium’ Riddle’s Warranty coverage, this offer extends to free lifetime ring sizing within the limits of the ring. (Please refer to your Warranty information for full details.)